Typography Newbie

1/26/2009 Anelieze Castrejon 0 Comments

Any graphic designer will tell you how important typography is in a design.
{No, it doesn't mean the study of how many typos you make...}

Wikki says:
Typography is the art and techniques of arranging type, type design, and modifying type glyphs. Type glyphs are created and modified using a variety of illustration techniques. The arrangement of type involves the selection of typefaces, point size, line length, leading (line spacing), adjusting the spaces between groups of letters (tracking) and (kerning) adjusting the space between pairs of letters.

I love the words leading, tracking, kerning. I am an aspiring typographer. I love words and fonts and designing with them. I'll show you what I mean when I finally finish my portfolio website~ it's on the cusp of completion!

In the meantime, this website has a list of the top 10 fonts used in 2008. I never buy fonts, though. I download them from dafont.com or fontgarden.com. You can too! They just opened the design world to me and I haven't been able to close my eyes since.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts :

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note! I look forward to reading it. xo Anelieze