It's amazing what a little paint could do

7/13/2009 Anelieze Castrejon 0 Comments

These are the "before" pictures

A few years ago, I embarked on a little bout of "DIY design" to spruce up my own room & my bathroom at my parent's house, which I then shared with my three brothers & one sister. I tore down the wood panels from one of the walls in my room {tricky business because the glue wouldn't come off easily} and painted my room a Lovely Lavender. Really, that was the name of the paint. I loved it. I also painted our bathroom a neutral shade of grayish-brown called "Anne."

Well, being young and very lazy, I never went back and covered all those "hiccups" where the paint had splotched all over the ceiling..I'm one for instant gratification, okay, and I didn't want to spend the neck-breaking hour or two it would have taken me paint the ceiling. That was about 2004...so, I was over at my parent's house at the beginning of June this year and the bathroom I had painted long ago had undergone a bit of a remodel and the paint was all messed up. My dad hinted that he would like the bathroom repainted, perhaps for Father's day? Okay, I said, I'll do it. When? I had no idea. It had already been 5 years since I had painted it the first time. I had hopes it would be done by the end of the year.

Thankfully, I had July 3rd off work so I traipsed over to Home Depot and bought some good 'ol Behr ceiling paint. The whole job took me only like 3 hours to do, including the touch-ups I did to the old paint job. I haven't taken a picture of the finished project, but it does look pretty good, if I do say so myself. A little paint can go a long way.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts :

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note! I look forward to reading it. xo Anelieze